The Climate Governance Initiative is pleased to announce the publication of the third edition of the Primer on Climate Change: Directors’ Duties and Disclosure Obligations.
This vital document provides an overview of the foreseeable financial and systemic risks and opportunities over short, medium and long-term investment horizons . It outlines the general climate obligations for board directors across multiple jurisdictions, and how company law and directors’ duties in these jurisdictions require directors to incorporate climate change into their strategies, legal oversight, and supervision of the companies entrusted to their care.
Produced with the Commonwealth Climate and Law Initiative and covering 31 countries and the EU, it outlines the general climate obligations for board directors, and how company law and directors’ duties across these multiple jurisdictions require directors to incorporate climate change into their strategies, legal oversight, and supervision of the companies entrusted to their care.
Many of the sections, covering both globally applicable and country specific contexts, have been updated to include information on:
- The International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) SR1 and SR2 standards
- The European Union’s Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive
- The Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures
Countries featured for the first time include: China, Indonesia, the Netherlands, Poland and Uzbekistan.
The Primer on Climate Change: Directors’ Duties and Disclosure Obligations is hosted on our upgraded resource library: the Climate Governance Hub.
This brand-new content management and sharing system is a one-stop Hub for climate governance-related content. Currently featuring content produced by the Climate Governance Initiative alongside partners and collaborators, including the World Economic Forum, the Commonwealth Climate and Law Initiation and Deloitte, in time the Hub will feature links to content produced by the Chapter network.
The Climate Governance Hub is a scalable system to help you connect with content you need, through:
- Filtering, based on a detailed taxonomy of relevant terms
- Search, with all content indexed and findable through the search bar
- Collections of content – regularly updated mini-libraries
- Related content at the bottom of each article, providing recommendations for materials to support learning
- A seamless experience between different types of content, regardless of whether it’s Climate Governance Initiative, Chapter or content produced outside of the network.
Use the navigation menus to quickly access and share the sections of the Primer on Climate Change you’re looking for.
The Climate Governance Hub has been designed to be a scalable project that will develop and grow as additional user needs are identified. It will be an essential resource for practicing board directors engaging with climate change-related topics around the world.