This webinar took place in March 2023.
The Climate Governance Initiative Financial Sector Hub collaborated with McKinsey & Company on this webinar focused on the net-zero transition finance opportunity.
The net-zero transition will require significant financing to scale up green assets, enable an orderly phase-out of legacy brown assets and support the transition from “brown to green”.
This online event, hosted by Francesca Tondi Guy and moderated by Lucyna Stanczak-Wuczynska, gives non-executive directors of financial institutions an overview of the opportunities this presents.
It also touches on the barriers that need to be overcome, the capabilities required to assess transition plans and the economic context.
Speakers debate the need to support local communities and some of the factors at play in ensuring a stable and ‘just’ transition.
- Juan Aristi Baquero, Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Yannick Jung, Head of Global Banking, Head of Corporate & Institutional Banking, and member of the Executive Committee, BNP Paribas
- Daniel Mikkelsen, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Francesca Gostinelli, Head of Group Strategy, Economics and Scenario Planning, Enel Group
- Lucyna Stanczak-Wuczynska, Chair of the Supervisory Board, BNP Paribas Polska
- Francesca Tondi Guy, Non-Executive Director and ESG Committee Chair, UniCredit Group and Piraeus Bank